Mittwoch, 24. April 2024, 00:14 UTC+2

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Casperworld Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jimbo

Hüter der heiligen Lanzen

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juli 2005

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 01:24

My review of Antonio Jose's new album !

Well, this is the new album by the famous spanish boy-singer "Antonio José", that many people have been longing for ! After many romours and discussions in boards and everywhere in the internet, it finally got released a few days ago. I am glad that I am already owning an examplar of this very promising new album of him

Now, before I can start with my full review on this new release, I must state that I also have his first album, "Te Traigo Flores". Maybe some of you can remember the 2005 song with the same title - with which he had won the "Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2005". Back then there has been a little "hype" about him and his songs; but especially his ability of performing LIVE on stage, even in front of big crowds. A "hype" that has been totally justified - since there was no doubt that he has a great load of talent. And, the nice little music video made for the single "Te Traigo Flores" is still floating around in my playlist today ! It is so well performed and full of rythm, and the most important thing: it continues to cheer me up with this special "spanish flavour".

So, the expectations were kind of high - now I am offering you to accompany me on my little journey thorugh music, and through the album "Todo Vuelve A Empezar".

Then, what do we have here... the CD ist starting with the title "Todo Vuelve A Empezar". A title that has the same name as the album... gee, it has to be a good piece of music; maybe it is even the best one of the album, just like back then (> "Te Traigo Flores") ? Soon his voice is sounding throughout the speakers. Well, what a surprise - it did not change very much at all ! We have to see that he is already 14 and a half years old by now ! But it seems like there is still no sign of a voicebreak here. Nice, a good thing to go; the good old Antonio José !

Well, this first track is a rather slowgoing song with a more energetic refrain which makes you want to sing along. At first it did not impress me too much... but well, after listening to it 2 or 3 times I am starting to really like it. The # 2 is "La Chica Del Parque", a ballad of... well, we all know what young guys like him must be singing of his age. The mood is kind of the same like in the first song - a rather slow text passage (with a little deeper voice), and an enlightening refrain. Now, I think it is nice - but certainly not more. In my ears it sounds too much like the general pop-music that we tend to listen to every day in the radio... nothing to special about it. The #3 is titled "Vuelve A Mí" - now, this is what I am talking about. This song really is a proof that he developed a lot. His voice has a lot of expression here, I like it ! To # 4, "Junto A Tí". Oh, this one rather sounds like a "real" spanish song, mainly because of the instruments used. A nice one - I am associating myself sitting somewhere in a spanish bar here, relaxing and stuff. Hehe. I am in a good mood to go on !

But then we have a little more "power"; starting with the #5 song "Rock And Roll De Verano". Everytime I hear the term "rock and roll", I am listening up closely; it is only natural when this is your favourite musical genre. And: although it less "rocking" than I expected, it is a song full of positive energy. #6, "Los Amigos"... whops, is this the same singer here... ? Hehe, of course he is - but his voice sounds a little bit different here, especially in the beginning. What can I tell you about this song ? It actually is one of my favourites of the album. It sound so professional, everything fits perfectly. A little guitar, some nice sound samples; both text passages and refrain are very well sung. #7, "Eres Un Huracan", starts rather different. But oh well, to me it feels like something is missing here. Maybe it is the melody, mabye it is the power... from a song that has the term "huracan" within, I expected way more... ! I am a little disappointed here. #8, "Baila Conmigo" is another one of the very spanish songs of the album. It sounds like... well, actually just like the title is promising. Like a song that you could dance to ! But I do not like it too much (too much trumpets in here, it sounds a little bit too "traditional", not really fitting on the album), I hope that there is something more impressive to come up...

Two tracks left... and finally; the #9, "A Tí", is the real surprise for me on this album. Wow, what an emotional, powerful ballad ! Underlined with some calm piano tunes, his voice is reaching its "final level" here - it can not get better. Towards the end this song even starts to sound like a real "hymn" here. Incredible, almost without further words. My definite favourite of this album. Ok, I will have to calm down... it is only good that the final piece, the # 10 "Cuéntame"; is another one of this spanish-flavoured party songs. But it is the best one of them (referring to the other similar songs on the album) !

So, I am concluding this review with three words only: buy this album ! Of course, only if you liked his first album - then you would not be disappointed. But if you are new to his music, you should definitively check out his website first, where you can also listen to some short sound samples of his new album. I am rating this album with 8.5 out of 10 points. Great work, Antonio !

Greetings,

Ikarus / Jimbo

Don't be a fool, visit my blog for the original also... !
(Looks better, since the text has orginally been formatted for Wordpress.com)

Please comment either here or on my blog, I would be pleased !
Bald schon 20 Jahre hier... es wird Zeit für die Ewigkeit.
Der größte Feind des Menschen ist (und bleibt) der Mensch.
Quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris !
As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Prometheus

Dr. Hasenbein

Registrierungsdatum: 10. August 2007

Montag, 22. Juni 2009, 05:43

Nice review, indeed. :tongue: It differs from what you actually told me...you little teaser. :D In fact, I don't know but maybe I like his new album better than his first because there are more songs which are attracting me. I have to listen to "Te traigo flores" one more time to be sure. There's no doubt that I like almost everything what he sings. :D "Te traigo flores" will remain his trademark hymn. ^^

Now to his second album....I liked the title track "Todo vuelve a empezar" right from the start, I also like the idea using the sound of an alarm clock in the beginning which totally fits the title and the theme of the whole album "everything begins again"...the alarm clock rings - a new day has started. In the case of the song it's summer which has started again. It's holiday season, you can relax from work/school and enjoy the summer at the sea, celebrate with your friends that summer has begun and thousands of adventures waiting for you. One common goal which unites all and the first love you'll never forget. You have to enjoy time to the full although it might well be that you won't get as much sleep as usual. (so much for the subject matter stated in the text ^^ )It's a good intro.

"La Chica del Parque" indeed isn't that much of a burner - the mandatory love theme - comparable to the song "Esa niña me va" (maybe a little more mature) it's about the special girl you witness somewhere, you fall instantly in love with her and at some point you'll meet her again.

"Vuelve a mi" is a typical break-up heartache song, a very nice one. That's the difference between "coup de foudre" songs which always tend to be a little cheesy and songs with a sentimental backround, they are more true to the bone because you don't cherish something before you lost it for one time. And then it really hurts...this is love, if it doesn't hurt, then it ain't no love baby. :D

"Junto a ti", I admit, is a typical Spanish song. A longing for a person you just want to be together with, you can't live without her/him. And there is nothing else that matters than to share everything nice with only that one. A song full of passion and desire.

"Rock and Roll de Verano" for me marks a continuation of "Todo vuelve a empezar". Love isn't the subject matter in this one...again it is "celebrar", "bailar", "soñar" y "divertirse" (celebrate, dance, relax and having fun ^^). This one is totally reminiscent of his first album. The lyrics and the composition are kind of premature. Nice, but not nearly good as the rest.

"Los amigos" ...that's what friends are for.^^ A nice song about what friendship means. They are the ones who set up the party, they make you laugh, they catch you when you fall, they are open to make new friends and they don't ask any questions, they keep secrets at all cost - they are always there for you.

"Eres un Huracán"...this is probably the song where our perceptions are parting. ^^ This song has potential, it has its' own power and I'm sure it isn't much of a studio song..it's intended for live performance to develop full throttle. It's kind of a "poser song" to impress someone you like by composing a song about that one. "See I'm singing about YOU! A hurricane I can't escape." One of my favorites.

"Baila conmigo" reminds me of "Sex and the City" in the beginning. :lol: It's "traditional" but it is something different. I like the idea that Antonio is singing a song which probably a 50 or 60 year old man would sing. :D Something to impress older chicas. :lol: As I said it's something different but it's not that bad.

"A ti" is an insiders' tip. Phew! This is not a love song, this is a song for someone special you lost in your life you don't want to forget and I guess this song again goes straight to his grandma who died. Very emotional, very beautiful. Whereas "Te traigo flores" has been a cheerful song that he dedicated to his grandma, this song truly is sad.A very good decision to place this song as second last track. All in all I like how well-conceived the songs are placed on this album, it isn't random - it's all for a reason. ^^

"Cuéntame" ...again...a festive song. I admit...the best of them. :) A quasi modern love song comparable to "Eres un Huracán".
Vive et alios sine vivere!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Prometheus« (22. Juni 2009, 05:50)

• Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Registrierungsdatum: 21. März 2007

Mittwoch, 30. September 2009, 20:31

Anotonio Jose - Interview !

Speaking of Anotonio Jose - he agreed to give an interview for my blog - so if you guys want to ask him something - please go ahead as this will help me prepare the interview itself. It will be in Spanish - but I will also make an English version....
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Prometheus

Dr. Hasenbein

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009, 16:17

RE: Anotonio Jose - Interview !

Speaking of Anotonio Jose - he agreed to give an interview for my blog - so if you guys want to ask him something - please go ahead as this will help me prepare the interview itself. It will be in Spanish - but I will also make an English version....

Cool. :) When is the deadline for sending questions?

• Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009, 22:14

Until 10th of October I think. I am going to try and gather some questions first ( preferable in Spanish - but they can also come in German and English ) .
  • Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Montag, 2. November 2009, 13:44

Just published my interview with Antonio Jose .
You can read it in here : http://www.theskykid.com/2009/11/02/anto…usive-interview
Any feedback or comment is highly appreciated.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Prometheus

Dr. Hasenbein

Dienstag, 3. November 2009, 06:55

I left a short comment on your blog. :)

• Zum Seitenanfang