Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Dreamer

König

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Februar 2008

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 11:26

Lets Chat In English

Hi: I joined CW Forum about 2 months ago and it has turned out to be a lot of fun. At first I was reluctant since my German skills are very limited. However, I did not give up. I figured that even a guy of my age still has enough brain cells to learn a language.. well, sort of. :thumbsup: I set out to learn and I have made some modest progress. I can manage to read posts and get the main ideas of what is being discussed. Also, I try to use German when I post but that is still very limited and I sometimes find myself having to switch to English when composing a post. It is a slow and sometimes frustrating process but I am determined to stick with it. Since German is the “mother tongue” of CW, I feel that it is important for me to make a sincere effort to learn the language. I send my thanks to David for his kind help and encouragement.

Some time ago the CW team created this section, “English Talk” to give English speakers, native and non native, an opportunity to chit chat in English on various topics of general interest. However, this area has not had much activity. It would be great to revive English Talk so anyone who wants to chat in English can do so. And, those who have limited German skills can get more involved and ultimately expand their participation in the various sections of the main forum

I hope that many of you will want to join in.

I’m looking forward to chatting.

Dreamer
:)

YS in Signature:
Euguerran Demeulenaere: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0218441/
Emile Hirsch : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0386472/

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dreamer« (17. April 2008, 11:31)

• Zum Seitenanfang

pyXis

Hüter des Lichts

Registrierungsdatum: 3. Januar 2006

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 18:35

So, how is the weather then? (always an important topic in English chatting :D )
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Prometheus

Dr. Hasenbein

Registrierungsdatum: 10. August 2007

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 19:21

If somebody comes up with a topic besides weather, I'm in. :D
Vive et alios sine vivere!

• Zum Seitenanfang

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Dezember 2003

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 19:22

a little bit cloudy here...
seems to be an interesting theme :D
Wir verlangen, das Leben müsse einen Sinn haben,
aber es hat nur genau so viel Sinn wie wir ihm geben.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Prometheus

Dr. Hasenbein

Registrierungsdatum: 10. August 2007

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 19:30

A little apocalyptic atmosphere...I guess I'm feeling the presence of Apophis :zwinkern:
Vive et alios sine vivere!

• Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Registrierungsdatum: 21. März 2007

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 20:21

Hello Dreamer ,

Indeed the English section on CW is not very active and a new topic in it is always a good thing ;)
I have been a member in a while too - not very active too - again because my German skills are rather limited ( same goes for my Spanish and Russian for now ) ( I am going to complete my first level of German in a month or so ) -meaning while reading I can understand most things - but the trouble comes when I try to compose a message of my own. I have been told that writing in English is fine as most members know it anyway - but still I prefer to write in German now - or try to at least.

Anyway to start here is my muxtape - meaning favorite songs and I am curious to know your opinion on my selection.

greetings ,

SkyKid
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Jimbo

Hüter der heiligen Lanzen

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juli 2005

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 22:40

:winken: Skykid... nice to read you on CW again.

Alright, an english chat-section then... for now I don't really know what to write about, but I will definitely participate in the future... ^^

Ah, I almost forgot: the weather has been awfully bad today... :D
Bald schon 20 Jahre hier... es wird Zeit für die Ewigkeit.
Der größte Feind des Menschen ist (und bleibt) der Mensch.
Quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris !
As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Registrierungsdatum: 3. März 2004

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 22:41

Anyway to start here is my muxtape - meaning favorite songs and I am curious to know your opinion on my selection.
Oh I like your playlist but I don't understand why there ist this "Buy this MP3" thing...after listening you can easily pick the mp3-file out of your browser's cache LOL...

But I think I should really order the Troye Sivan CD...his voice is so great and such a talent should be supportet. I like especially that it's not too properly produced, I mean it sounds very natural and not so cold like many studio produced songs. He needs a little voice coaching and he will be very near to Billy Gilman ;)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 23:00

Oh I like your playlist but I don't understand why there ist this "Buy this MP3" thing...after listening you can easily pick the mp3-file out of your browser's cache LOL...

There is only a little problem... the mp3 file is too small, only a few seconds of this wonderful songs...
Good for me, I own mostly all interesting songs on CD ;)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Dreamer

König

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 23:24

Great. ;+: We seem to have some good interest in reviving this section. I am sure we can come up with some interesting topics other than the weather. :rofl:
Skykid, that is a very good selection of music titles.
I think I will start a new thread on a specific topic for discussion. Others can start threads on different topics. That way we can end up with a nice variety.
:freude

YS in Signature:
  • Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, 23:42

Oh this topic at least became active - and that`s a some progress ;+:

@ BillyGilmanFan - The "Buy this MP3" thing is there so the site can look good for RIAA ( in case they check them) ...as it recently gained some popularity . The entire song is available as a streaming file , which makes me wonder why Lord.Greystoke wrote that only the first few seconds are available ?

Troye Sivan is famous these days - and I know that judging only from the hits I get on my short post about him - indeed he has talent only I wonder how much will be until his voice changes .

I will come up with some movie related topic probably ...soon :)

oh and Jimbo - great avatar. Saw that movie recently in the cinema and really liked it - Damian is such a talented actor !
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Freitag, 18. April 2008, 00:28

The entire song is available as a streaming file , which makes me wonder why Lord.Greystoke wrote that only the first few seconds are available ?

Could be that I followed this "Buy this MP3" Link, there are only a few seconds...
  • Zum Seitenanfang

wama4love

Kaffeekocher

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Februar 2009

Montag, 16. Februar 2009, 00:03

I love The idea I just Don't know any other language but Arabic & English .
  • Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Montag, 16. Februar 2009, 01:11

Ah another soul in the English section - Welcome Wama4love . I myself only know very few words of Arabic ( from friends but mostly adventure books ) , but my English is bearable ( :
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Dreamer

König

Montag, 16. Februar 2009, 03:42

Hello everyone: I have not be here to the forum in recent months because of illness. It is good to see that many familiar CW members are still around and I look forward to getting back to doing lots more reading as well as some posts.
Best wishes to all,
Dreamer

YS in Signature:
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Huckleberry

unregistriert

Montag, 16. Februar 2009, 19:46

RE: Lets Chat In English

Since German is the “mother tongue” of CW

Uhm, that's not quite true. Germans don't speak German any longer, they speak Denglisch, which is a mixture of German and English. The "English Talk" is just for persons who have problems with the 50% German spoken in the other forums. ;)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

skykid

Eroberer

Montag, 16. Februar 2009, 20:31

Glad you feel better now Dreamer. Well I had my first class of German today - but besides few verb such as haben and sein I don` t know much yet ...will see in 4 months.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Registrierungsdatum: 29. August 2005

Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2009, 16:03

RE: Reply

I love The idea I just Don't know any other language but Arabic & English .
You can always make up your own language. :lol:

Back in school I used to do that in some classes where we were learning foreign languages. When I didn't know something I would make it up which would at the same time enjoy my classmates and I like making people laugh.
  • Zum Seitenanfang