Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2024, 17:54 UTC+2

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Dezember 2003

Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2023, 00:25

Ich habe mir die CD gleich zweimal gekauft :lol: ;)
Na, dann kannst du Cormac ja sogar Stereo hören :lol:

Und dann auch noch signiert. Das ist fast so, als würde Cormac neben mir singen :thumbsup:
Wir verlangen, das Leben müsse einen Sinn haben,
aber es hat nur genau so viel Sinn wie wir ihm geben.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2023, 01:53

A much shorter chat this time :lol: no need for Coffee :eat-drink: or Tea and I've another sort of busking video for you tomorrow so make sure your notifications are on for that too

What's it really like coping with a changing voice when you're a teenager that sings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AomSZZWn…=CormacThompson
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Haley

Administrator

Registrierungsdatum: 24. November 2002

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2023, 14:14

I’ve not changed a bit!

„Wenn die Menschen nur über das sprächen, was sie begreifen, dann würde es sehr still auf der Welt sein.“
(Albert Einstein)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Haley

Administrator

Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2023, 18:06

First ever … share in new voice! #edsheerancover from =

„Wenn die Menschen nur über das sprächen, was sie begreifen, dann würde es sehr still auf der Welt sein.“
(Albert Einstein)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Samstag, 23. Dezember 2023, 02:33

Cormac's Christmas Chat on 'The Full English Breakfast Show' Black Cat Radio with Ste Greenall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSELeUz5…=CormacThompson
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Registrierungsdatum: 3. März 2004

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 01:23

Premiere am 8. März 2024 um 19:00 Uhr

The Joker And The Queen (Ed Sheeran cover by Cormac)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRp0tRg_…=CormacThompson
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Haley

Administrator

Samstag, 2. März 2024, 13:57

It’s a different bit this time

(Albert Einstein)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Sonntag, 21. April 2024, 00:14

Ganz interessant :)

A very big warm welcome to episode one of 'One Boy, Two Voices'

I've been very lucky. When I sang in my younger boy, high voice, it really did create some amazing opportunities for me.

In episode one, I take it right back to the beginning and we chat about how it all began and highlight how I really wasn't
even thinking about my voice changing then. I'm joined by my mum, Alison, who keeps me right on the order of things and
explains what it was like from a grown - up's perspective, Professor Martin Ashley, a renowned voice change expert and
author of many books on the subject and Matthew Todd, professional tenor and music educator, himself a former boy treble
and survivor of his 'breaking' voice as he's still singing but he remembers it vividly.

We also talk about how I was signed by global record label Decca (UMG) when I was just 11, dropped by them when I was 12
and how we kept recording and releasing music for the next few years with no label support at all.

That's a whole lot of experience in a very short time for a young boy singer (and his mum and dad) and at the end of last
year I realised just what a good position that put me in to try and help other young boys to keep singing when their voices
change too.

I'm 15 now, it's happened and I'm very fortunate to still be singing. I hope episode one sparks your interest for the rest of the
story in the next 5 episodes too. It's a fun listen, I promise! there's really no science at all and if you have any connection to
young boys who experience this please share with them too.

PODCAST - Right Place, Right Time! & Why my TWO Voices DO Matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPf6Ec-…=CormacThompson

Please do check out the related links listed below.
In episode two, we chat about when I performed on Chorister of the Year (October 2021) and Britain's Got Talent (January 2022, it
aired May 2022) and what it was like recording new songs with Dominic Ferris and Simon Hanhart. We have linked all these different
events back to the changing stage that my voice was at, at the time I did them.

Again, I'm joined by my mum, Alison, who still keeps me right on the order of things and she helps explain what it was like from a
grown - up's perspective too.

Professor Martin Ashley, a renowned voice change expert and author of many books on the subject of voice change and Matthew
Todd, professional tenor and music educator, join me too.

Getting to do all these things as a very young singer has given me a lot of experience in a very short time for a young boy singer and
at the end of last year I realised just what a good position that put me in to try and help other young boys to keep singing when their
voices change too.

I'm 15 now, my voice is through the most difficult part of it changing and I'm very fortunate to still be singing. I hope episode two
continues to spark your interest in my podcast.

If you have any connection to young boys who you think would benefit from listening to this please share it with them too.

We also thought it would be helpful to define CAMBIATA
"Whilst a boy goes through puberty, his comfortable modal singing range fits none of the conventional SATB choral parts. Cambiata
are specific part ranges based on the principle that "the music must fit the voice, not the voice the music".

The cambiata 1 part for boys in early puberty ranges from A3 - A4 and shares some but not all notes with treble. The cambiata 2 part,
for boys in later puberty ranges from E3 - E4 and shares some but not all notes with tenor."

This is all explained rather well by boys of the National Youth Choir in the film Populating the Parts, available at here: Populating
the Parts | Martin Ashley (martin-ashley.com) (https://www.martin-ashley.com/populating-the-parts)

PODCAST 'You made that song your version Cormac' - Simon Cowell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhZ5m-yO…=CormacThompson
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Heute, 02:04

Welcome to episode 3, it's the last one with Mum and Matthew. Next week we have two new guests, more on who
they are at the end of this episode.

In this episode 3 our chats range from cowboy hats at Nashville's, Grand Ole Opry to the stage at London's equally
iconic Royal Albert Hall!

We even cover how some 'Empty Chairs' can lead to 'Country Roads' ....... when we share with you how we choose
the songs I sing and how I prepare for recording them as well.

The most difficult part of when my voice changed is in this episode too. The sound I made when I sang was far from
pleasant and singing in public during this stage is not something I wanted to do.

You guys all get a mention too
As we chat about the pull to listen to a young singer, Martin explains just why this can be so appealing to hear. We
also touch on, the teenage singer phase that I'm in now, when I'm not so cute and I don't sing so high any more and
the challenges that throws up too.

With lots more topics touched on too, please do share this with any young singers grappling with their own changing
voice. Our hope is we can help them make sense of it all.

PODCAST - So does the journey end here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLuSVrg…=CormacThompson

Episode 4 already, that was quick.

This week we welcome two new guests, Max and Robbie. I compare notes on what it was like for them when their voices
changed. Former boy trebles (boy sopranos) themselves but a little longer ago than I was, Max is 21 and Robbie is 18.

Max has featured a lot in Martin's research over the last 10 years or so and Robbie, still sings in Carlisle Cathedral (UK) but
he's hoping to take up his offer to be a choral scholar at a top UK university in September 2024.

With lots more topics touched on this week, please do share this any young singers grappling with their changing voice.
Our hope is that we can help them make sense of it all a bit more too.

Songs featured this week
Bernstein: West Side Story - SOMEWHERE - Cormac

We're doing it for the boys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ll55T8B…=CormacThompson
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Heute, 02:17

Jim Croce's iconic TIME IN A BOTTLE is the final track on Cormac Thompson's 2nd CD/album 'A Borrowed Gift'

2024 âž¡ Cormac carries on singing but his older, lower voice has a lot to live up to!
2020 âž¡ 2023, Cormac’s younger treble / boy soprano voice earned him a Decca album, four yesses on Britain's Got Talent
and a place in the final of BBC Young Chorister choirboy /girl of the year too.

SUBSCRIBE to his channel and FOLLOW Cormac as he works his way through the next bit!
@CormacThompson

If you'd like to support Cormac you can do this on PayPal or Stripe or sign up as a member on his YouTube channel. Channel
members are a much closer part of all the exciting things that lie ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx5Zzob…jUN4iQ7Y9A/join

Join the mailing list ~ https://www.cormacthompson.com

SONG and VIDEO - independently funded by parents and with financial help from YouTube channel members and individual fans, THANK YOU 🥰

Written by: Jim Croce
Video: Director, Alison Thompson & Elliott Wallis DoP
Guitar: Henry Facey
Produced by: Dominic Ferris
Recording engineer: Tobias May
Mixed by: Simon Hanhart
Recorded: Metway Studios, Brighton, AUGUST 2023

A Cormac Thompson Music Ltd. production

Premiere am Fr. 10. Mai um 14:45

Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuEvBEYE…=CormacThompson
  • Zum Seitenanfang