Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Prometheus

Dr. Hasenbein

Registrierungsdatum: 10. August 2007

Montag, 4. Mai 2015, 21:53

I live in Germany like most of us here. ^^

My signature picture is a screenshot from a Czechoslovakian movie called "Obecná skola" (The Elementary School) by Jan Sverák who also directed the movie "Kolja". It was Czechoslovakia's official submission to the 1992's Oscar in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Main characters are Eda (Václav Jakoubek, on the picture left and my avatar ^^) and Tonda (Radoslav Budác on the right).

[attach]50675[/attach]
Vive et alios sine vivere!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Prometheus« (4. Mai 2015, 22:04)

• Zum Seitenanfang

Jimbo

Hüter der heiligen Lanzen

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juli 2005

Dienstag, 5. Mai 2015, 01:00

No, there isn't too much English talk around here... we once had members, but it seems they went elsewhere. :nixweiss:

By the way, if you do not already have it in your bookmarks, you should check out the site from Skykid.
He is still a member here, but totally devoted himself to his website and the loads of coming of age reviews you can find there. All written in English of course.

However - it's nice to see some new members around here, so please continue posting in whatever language you want. ;)
Bald schon 20 Jahre hier... es wird Zeit für die Ewigkeit.
Der größte Feind des Menschen ist (und bleibt) der Mensch.
Quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris !
As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Musicmiles

Imperator

Registrierungsdatum: 26. November 2013

Dienstag, 5. Mai 2015, 14:47

Hey thanks Jimbo for the link ! Though i'm a member here for more than 1 1/2 years i never stumbled over this before...
And of course greetings to KurtRider, nice to see new members here ! You see i'm also capable of composing understandable english comments, not more and not less, but i think there are enough members for every language here, so anything can be understood or translated.
Musicmiles
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Jimbo

Hüter der heiligen Lanzen

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juli 2005

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 00:23

Keine Ursache / no problem / žádný problém :)
Bald schon 20 Jahre hier... es wird Zeit für die Ewigkeit.
Der größte Feind des Menschen ist (und bleibt) der Mensch.
Quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris !
As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

KurtRider

Zauberer

Registrierungsdatum: 30. April 2015

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 18:31

Hi Prometheus! Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out that film. Any chance you're in the Bavaria region? Have you ever been to the German film studios outside Munich? I was in Munich last fall but didn't get a chance to visit. They seem to only give tours in German. I'm wondering if there's anything to see relating to The Neverending Story, or has it been too long?

Hello also to Jimbo and Musicmiles.
Jimbo, I'll check out the Skykid link.
Musicmiles, you're very right. I can't imagine living in the pre-Google Translate world.

:)
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Yodler

Hüter des Lichts

Registrierungsdatum: 13. November 2009

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 20:25

Actually, here they write that there's also an English language tour: http://www.filmstadt.de/en/information-admission.html

I've only experienced the German tour myself, that was a long time ago though. I went there with the other kids from my class. But I'm pretty sure, the stuff from "The Neverending Story" still belongs to the main attractions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria_Film

Btw, the interior scenes of Alfred Hitchcock's very first feature film as a principal director were filmed there.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Dezember 2003

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 20:38

I once went to Bavaria Filmstudios in Geiselgasteig in the mid 80th.

And yes, they had a lot of stuff about "The neverending Story" to see i.e. Fuchur, the dragon

Zitat

1983 konnte die Führung durch die Filmstadt um einen weiteren Klassiker der Filmgeschichte erweitert werden: die fantastischen Fabelwesen aus der Erfolgsproduktion „Die unendliche Geschichte“.

http://www.filmstadt.de/filmstadt-entdecken/geschichte.html

Zitat

Englische Touren
Während der Hauptsaison findet täglich um 13 Uhr eine 4 D Erlebniskino-Vorstellung in englischer Sprache, sowie eine englisch geführte Führung in statt. Genauere Informationen erhalten Sie vor Ort bei unseren Kassenkräften.
During Main season they have daily at 13:00 an english Tour...

http://www.filmstadt.de/
Wir verlangen, das Leben müsse einen Sinn haben,
aber es hat nur genau so viel Sinn wie wir ihm geben.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Pjotr

CWFM-Moderator a.D.

Registrierungsdatum: 28. Oktober 2012

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 21:31

Hello KurtRider,

welcome to Casperworld. It's refreshing to see new active users. I think you'll have a lot of fun here. Feel at home here. I look forward to your posts.
"Neverending Storry" is one of my Favorites too. I have the first and the second part on DVD :)

By the way: I would be pleased if you find time to listen my radio show. :)
You may like to participate in the chat at the funny and interesting conversations. You can find any links in my signature.

Greetings Pjotr
  • Zum Seitenanfang

KurtRider

Zauberer

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 22:26

Hi Pjotr!

Thank you for your welcome! It's great to be here. I'm glad I found it. This reminds me of alt.fan.teen.idols back in the early days of the internet. Does anybody remember Usenet? lol

I also am a fan of the Neverending Story II, although not as much as the first movie. The sequel just wasn't very well done. Although I like Jonathan Brandis as an actor, I felt he was too aggressive for the part. The scene where he gets up in front of Silver City and gives an impassioned speech, asking who will join him to fight the dragon, etc. just felt wrong. It was almost like he was Atreyu. The real Bastian would have been cowering in a corner, reading a book.

Sad that Brandis committed suicide at such an early age. I remember I was living two blocks away from him in Los Angeles at the time, but only found out about it after his death was announced. I walked over to his apartment building (if my memory is correct, it was on Detroit Ave., one block west of La Brea, off Wilshire) and saw his name still on the mailbox. Very sad.

Please tell me more about your radio show. Is it in German or English? How do I listen? Sorry, I'm not very computer-savvy. Can I download old episodes or is it only streamed live? When is it broadcast? Sorry if I ask too many questions.

All my best,
Kurt
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Pjotr

CWFM-Moderator a.D.

Registrierungsdatum: 28. Oktober 2012

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 22:48

Please tell me more about your radio show. Is it in German or English? How do I listen? Sorry, I'm not very computer-savvy. Can I download old episodes or is it only streamed live? When is it broadcast? Sorry if I ask too many questions.

My radio show is in german, but sometimes i talk a lttle bit bad english if english users listen to ma show.
I only stream live you can't download my shows.
If i stream wou will find at

http://myradiostream.com/casperworldfm

a little web player with which you can hear it.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

KurtRider

Zauberer

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 23:14

When is your next broadcast?
  • Zum Seitenanfang

KurtRider

Zauberer

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 23:17

Hi Yodler & Lord.Greystoke,

Thanks for the info about Bavaria Filmstudios. I will have to check it out the next time I'm in Munich. I've seen pictures of the Falkor exhibit, where you can ride him and have your photo taken. I'm not sure, but to me it appears to be the Falkor from NES 2, not the original. He looks tired and old, in any case.

I also heard that there was another park in Northern Germany that housed a lot of the NES sets and props. It was like a Disneyland/Universal Studios type themepark. Saw a couple pictures of it once a long time ago. There was een a water ride. I wonder if it's still around.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Dezember 2003

Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015, 23:27

May be this one here:

http://movieparkgermany.de/
Wir verlangen, das Leben müsse einen Sinn haben,
aber es hat nur genau so viel Sinn wie wir ihm geben.
  • Zum Seitenanfang

milu

RobinZon

Registrierungsdatum: 30. März 2007

Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2015, 02:18

Ahoj Kurte,

Uvídím pravde, ze máme nový clenem tady ve forume. Vítám ty srdecne. Ceské diakrity nejsou tady mozno, napr. hacek na c, e, n, r, s, t, z nebo krouzek na u. Doufám, ty vís, co myslím. Ja nemlubím dobre cesky, ale stací ze ja nebudu stát bez jídlem a pití.

Preju ti hodne› zábavy!
Zdravy MiLu
Gruß MiLu

"Ich weiß nicht, mit welchen Waffen der dritte Weltkrieg ausgetragen wird, aber im vierten Weltkrieg werden sie mit Stöcken und Steinen kämpfen."

Albert Einstein
  • Zum Seitenanfang

KurtRider

Zauberer

Sonntag, 10. Mai 2015, 11:01

Děkuji, MiLu :)
  • Zum Seitenanfang